Sunday, September 09, 2007

Day 4: Doe Mesa is not my friend




So I climb up to the top of this mesa and travel the 1.3 miles around the top....at this point I am really not happy being up so high and take my last sip of water because I am going to climb down and go home...where is the path down????...help... I am hot and thirsty and going in circles for over an hour...I see two wild pigs which normally would thrill me, but my camera is full and I need to find a person who knows the way down...I guess I will make my own path...I am still pulling thorns and cactus quills out of my skin 3 days later and my legs are majorly scratched...but at least I made it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

malh said...

Your pictures are beautiful, and I am still jealous, even though you had trouble on day 4.

linda jean said...

I remember a similar hike with Jeanette. It's great to hike with a sister because you don't have be cranky alone.

mllr said...

i would have loved having a sister with me!

malh said...

We need to plan a sister hike sometime.